We're hiring an assistant buyer! Join our growing team.
August Women is a women’s fashion retailer dedicated to providing stylish solutions for women. We believe in self expression through style, and that each garment should be as coveted as it is comfortable for any stage in life (including but not limited to pregnancy and motherhood). Fiercely authentic and unapologetically accepting, our clothing is curated to transform with the women who continually inspire us.
AW is founded by two young moms and let’s be real, we’re just getting started and we’re far from having everything figured out. We work hard, but we value family first and foremost. We move fast, but we’re also just learning and know that mistakes are bound to happen. We take risks, share learnings and adapt as we go. We aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty and wear multiple hats, because we’re a small team and somebody has to do it! And although we work remotely, we are connected beyond just work life, because well, there is more to life than work, and getting to know the people we work with is important to us.
We want to build a team of women that are here for the roller coaster of starting a new company with big goals and a bigger heart.
About the Role
We need to hire an Assistant Buyer to scale our inventory and grow our business. This person will work closely with the Founder and Co-Founder to curate a highly coveted collection of women’s clothing, breaking into beauty and lifestyle in the near future. They won’t be shy about sharing their opinion and teaching us a thing or two when it comes to all things buying. They’ll welcome digging deep and tackling challenges head on, because like we mentioned, we’re a small team of two!
- 2-3 years or more experience working in the fashion retail world in a buying capacity
- Familiar with NuOrder, Joor, Faire (and other wholesale buying platforms)
- Adaptable to a quickly changing industry
- Fashion forward and strong sense of style
- Detail oriented; you don’t miss the small things
- Vigilant in organization and documentation
- Willing to wear different hats and take on different roles - entrepreneurial mentality
- Work closely with the Founder and Co-Founder to analyze requirements for all orders and place required orders accordingly and timely
- Track all incoming orders and manage damaged/lost goods
- Develop and prepare strategic buying schedule including organizing and scheduling buying appointments with showrooms in Toronto, LA, NYC etc
- Closely track buying budget to ensure we are meeting our targets
- Update documentation for all buyer functions [workflow] which includes selection, placing orders, managing PO’s, and more
- Perform regular analysis of various sales and generate inventory reports
- Evaluate inventory performance (what is selling and what is not)
- Administer and maintain records of all purchase orders and resolve any issues in shipments/invoices directly with brands
- Develop and present effective catalogue of all products and vision for each season
- Ongoing research and vetting of new brands that align with August Women’s buying criteria and ethos including clothing, beauty and lifestyle
- Manage and develop relationships with brands and reps
- Exploring potential partnerships with brands for future revenue stream (ie: designing our own line of products)
Send your resume to email@example.com by September 24, 2021.