Fall is a transitional time when we revisit our colder-weather wardrobe that has been stored away all summer long. While I love a little fall revamp, I like to invest in items that are beautiful and timeless and will transition with me through all of life’s stages, moments, events and more.
With my second kiddo due at the end of the month and a new business in the works, I’m stocking up on some swoon-worthy items that will make my life a little easier, my closet a little prettier, and getting dressed a lot more fun. All while still feeling good and like myself.
1. Westman Atelier go to glow favourites: Celeb fave Gucci Westman’s clean make-up line gives instant glow and polish. These are the only products that I trust to snuggle up to my new babe in. And in minutes I can go from cuddle to conference call with only these three products.
- Vital Skin Foundation Stick I use Atelier V and Atelier III (the lighter shade is best for under the eye and centre of the face, and the darker shade is wonderful for anywhere else you want to smooth out your skin tone)
- Lit Up Highlight Stick in Nectar A quick way to brighten up dull skin. I apply this down my nose, and at the top of my cheekbone to create a dewy, fresh faced look.
- Face Trace Contour Stick The only contour stick I trust. This creamy formula smoothly glides on and adds the perfect amount of definition without looking overdone.
2. The Row Zipped Boot 1 in Leather The quintessential fall staple: the classic yet comfortable chunky sole boot. Throw these on and instantly elevate your fall look.
3. Les Citadines Candle The simplest form of luxury, these soy-based candles make your whole home smell delicious without even being lit. Oud is my absolute favourite to light and savour when in the bath at the end of a long day.
4. Lunya washable silk sleep set We will soon be carrying this decadent sleepwear at August Women! These washable silk sets are so beautiful and comfortable; he perfect companion with a new little.
5. Artipoppe Zeitgeist carrier Finally. A stylish baby carrier (without 100 buckles and straps) that will transform with my little one from newborn up to two years. We are firm believers here at August Women that being a mom does not mean style should be compromised.
6. Anzie Charm Necklace Anzie's mission is to make women happy. Situated in Montreal, the company’s philosophy is Life in Color or La Vie en Couleur in French. We are inspired by color, wanting women to live their lives colorfully.
7. Varley Greenfield jacket My favourite piece to layer for cooler months, is this sophisticated jacket from Varley. Pair it with slimline sweats in a similar neutral hue.
8. Cook Beautiful, Athena Calderone I love entertaining with beautiful meals, and Athena Calderone’s recipes are all about that. Food should be beautiful. Entertaining should be easy. This has quickly become my go-to cookbook regardless of the time of year, for a special occasion or even just dinner with my husband.
9. Toteme Robe Coat A camel coat is a must-have in every woman’s fall closet. This one from Totême is made responsibly with recycled wool. It’s oversized fit allows me to throw it on top of anything and instantly feel put together. Those quick trips to the grocery store never looked (or felt) so good.
10. Gigi Ribbed Knit Toque Coming soon to August Women! These beautiful knit toques from Gigi are made for long fall stroller walks and weekend errands.